We take an occasional trip downtown to eat noon lunch at the Sons of Norway lodge, and today we ran into quite a large crowd. I hadn’t been paying attention and missed this: it’s the 200th anniversary of the first boatload of Norwegians arriving to our region. Anyway, the menu was a bit different today but good. I ordered a smorbrod sandwich, a bowl of rommegrot, and a Scandinavian almond bar. Tasty! Mary took piece of apple/rhubarb pie, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stories Under a Stone - Walter A. Geyer
I knew Walter Geyer quite well; he was an approachable man who lived most of his life in the Sheldon area. Quiet and unassuming, you’d neve...
-
An NDSU history professor, Tom Isern, and his wife, Suzzanne Kelley, the director of NDSU Press, produce a Facebook program from their ...
-
An interesting find occurred at the Sheldon cemetery recently. The following narrative explains it. There are other stories in the cemeter...
No comments:
Post a Comment