Friday, September 11, 2026

September 11

 Twenty-five years ago the Twin Towers in New York City fell … I am saddened by the deaths of Wendell Berry, Dolly Parton, even Gloria Steinem … I keep wondering why they’ve built so many data centers so fast? Will they make my life better? … 40 trillion $ in debt, I can’t even imagine … Climate change is real. New York Times ran a chart showing the last decade in our part of the country where we averaged 32 days over 90 deg. compared to the previous decade with 20 days average over 90 … Tariffs have made enemies besides raising prices for us … 

〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️


Notable quote from David McCullough - “It is sad but true that we are raising a generation of young Americans who are to a large degree historically illiterate.”  There are those who don’t believe the Holocaust occurred or that dinosaurs once roamed the earth or that we landed on the moon or that vaccinations work or that election results are real or that we need government … 

〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️

September 11, 1958 - 68 years ago - Newspaper clipping - I share the date but not the year of the Twin Tower tragedy with my personal one. My life hinged on this event, but so many other lives fared much worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment

September 11

  Twenty-five years ago the Twin Towers in New York City fell … I am saddened by the deaths of Wendell Berry, Dolly Parton, even Gloria Stei...