Yesterday we met up with a young fellow we have come to know through family history. Parker Johnson is a mature-thinking family researcher, all of 16 years old, with whom I share some ancestral background. I asked Mary what degree of cousin the two of us are. She took a piece of paper, started charting it out, and pronounced that Parker and I are 4th cousins, twice removed. Much of the connection originated in the Owego, sandhills, and Leonard area. He and his grandmother Carol Johnson had flown in from North Carolina the day before and will stay through Sunday to celebrate the 90th birthday of relative Jerry Johnson, originally from Enderlin. It was at his home where we met and Jerry and I finally got acquainted, even though I had seen him around Enderlin many times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RANDOM THOUGHTS - Thursday, Oct 8, 2026
RANDOM THOUGHTS - Thursday, Oct 8, 2026 I’ve discovered that the less I do, the less I can do … AI has some promise, but so far the big...
-
An NDSU history professor, Tom Isern, and his wife, Suzzanne Kelley, the director of NDSU Press, produce a Facebook program from their ...
-
TOM MCGRATH A few lines from a Tom McGrath poem fit the picture very well. He is writing about the Maple River, I’ll guess about 1925 to 1...
No comments:
Post a Comment