We passed through Buffalo SD yesterday where I wanted to stop to take a picture of this statue of Tipperary, the famed bucking horse. Rejected in WW1 for being too wild he was used and abused in the rodeo arena. I’m reminded of Sheila Shafer who gave me a nice hard copy book of Tipperary’s life.
Monday, May 24, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stories Under a Stone - Walter A. Geyer
I knew Walter Geyer quite well; he was an approachable man who lived most of his life in the Sheldon area. Quiet and unassuming, you’d neve...
-
An NDSU history professor, Tom Isern, and his wife, Suzzanne Kelley, the director of NDSU Press, produce a Facebook program from their ...
-
An interesting find occurred at the Sheldon cemetery recently. The following narrative explains it. There are other stories in the cemeter...
No comments:
Post a Comment