Here we are, a quarter of the way through another century … Prior results can’t guarantee future outcomes … I don’t have enough book shelves and don’t know what to do … Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac? … I wonder why you don’t see many wearing bib overalls these days … On this day in 2001 the Twin Towers in NYC were attacked and destroyed … A word I recently learned: “tchotchke”. It’s a five-dollar word meaning trinket, souvenir, or knick-knack. The picture shows some of my tchotchkes: a Viking warrior I bought in Stockholm, one of my carvings I always liked, the rodeo bull named Little Yellow Jacket, a railroad engine like the ones that opened the West, a pickup model of a Ford Model A like the one a man in Sheldon drove. It purred like a kitten …
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wildlife Puzzle
Mary's latest. She said this was the hardest 1000 piece that she's done. But it's a good one.
-
An NDSU history professor, Tom Isern, and his wife, Suzzanne Kelley, the director of NDSU Press, produce a Facebook program from their ...
-
TOM MCGRATH A few lines from a Tom McGrath poem fit the picture very well. He is writing about the Maple River, I’ll guess about 1925 to 1...
No comments:
Post a Comment