Since we’re staying indoors away from people these days, it’s time for some heavy reading. I just finished a couple: ‘The Vile and the Splendid’ which is the story of Winston Churchill’s first year as prime minister during World War II. It was a worthwhile read even though a little heavy regarding some of his family’s pettiness. I also finished re-reading ‘The Shootist,’ one of the great westerns of all time. Next: ‘These Truths,’ a new history of the United States and probably another James Lee Burke mystery. Burke is one I can heartily recommend. There are a couple books waiting for me to review that I’ve received from my editor in Santa Fe, NM, and they will get into the mix soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RANDOM THOUGHTS - Thursday, Oct 8, 2026
RANDOM THOUGHTS - Thursday, Oct 8, 2026 I’ve discovered that the less I do, the less I can do … AI has some promise, but so far the big...
-
An NDSU history professor, Tom Isern, and his wife, Suzzanne Kelley, the director of NDSU Press, produce a Facebook program from their ...
-
TOM MCGRATH A few lines from a Tom McGrath poem fit the picture very well. He is writing about the Maple River, I’ll guess about 1925 to 1...
No comments:
Post a Comment